The ISTQB test certification scheme has a number of benefits. These benefits are listed below for each stakeholder.
Benefits for individual
ISTQB certified testers:
- Gain independently assessed knowledge and skills.
- Increase their marketability throughout the industry.
- Have greater career opportunities and increased earning potential.
- Can add the "ISTQB Certified Tester" logo and credential to their resumes.
- Are recognized as having subscribed to a Code of Ethics.
Benefits for employers
Employers of ISTQB Certified Testers can take advantage of many benefits, as shown below:
- Having certified staff can be a competitive advantage for organizations, which can benefit from the adoption of more structured testing practices and optimization of test activities, derived from the ISTQB competencies.
- For consulting organizations, certified staff can offer high-level services to customers, increasing revenues and brand value.
- Adoption of ISTQB certification schemes in an organization can help in recruiting and retaining high standing staff and can help organizations remain up-to-date with testing innovations.
Benefits for training providers
ISTQB Training providers can:
- Access an international market that recognizes ISTQB.
- Distinguish themselves through the independently assessed professionalism of their teachers and quality/ coverage of their training material.
- Offer their clients the most up-to-date testing knowledge.
- Provide a continuously expanding professional development path to their clients in the field of testing.
- Participate in early reviews of the ISTQB® syllabi and in other activities organized by ISTQB.
- Use the ISTQB accredited trainer provider logos and credential within their marketing materials.