During a 5 day advanced test management course you will learn in detail about many aspects of test management. In this interactive course, you’ll learn the practical application of risk-based testing and test management tasks including planning and estimation. You’ll also learn how to manage stakeholders, form test teams with the relevant competencies and skills to ensure effective resourcing and undertake test process improvement initiatives. Extensive practical exercises and discussions play an important role throughout this course. The Advanced Test Manager course is designed for experienced testing professionals looking to move to a test management role. Build your test management skills. Gain advanced skills for managing test teams to deliver successful software testing projects.
The Advanced Level qualification is aimed at people who have achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing. This includes people in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers. This Advanced Level qualification is also appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing.
- Test planning (master test plan and phase test plan)
- Test process, including entry and exit criteria
- Test documentation, test policy, test strategy
- Test estimation, e.g., Test Point Analyses and wide-band Delphi
- Risk assessment techniques and methods
- Reviews and inspection, including defining a review strategy
- Test team dynamics and motivation
- Interpersonal skills, including communication
- Incident management
- Defining a test approach, including choosing test techniques
- Test process improvement; TPI-Next and TMMi
- Test assessment and test improvement plan
- Tools to support test management
- Test tool selection and implementation
- Manage a testing project by implementing the mission, goals and testing processes established for the testing organization
- Organize and lead risk identification and risk analysis sessions and use the results of such sessions for test estimation, planning, monitoring and control
- Create and implement test plans consistent with organizational policies and test strategies
- Continuously monitor and control the test activities to achieve project objectives
- Assess and report relevant and timely test status to project stakeholders
- Identify skills and resource gaps in their test team and participate in sourcing adequate resources
- Identify and plan necessary skills development within their test team
- Propose a business case for test activities which outlines the costs and benefits expected
- Ensure proper communication within the test team and with other project stakeholders
- Participate in and lead test process improvement initiatives
To get an ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Test Manager Certificate - you must successfully pass the Exam. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be issued with an ISTQB Advanced Test Manager Certificate, which is internationally recognized. The exam aims to verify that the candidate has acquired the professional knowledge contained in the syllabus.
The Advanced Test Manager Level exam is characterized by:
- 65 multiple-choice questions
- Each question answered correctly scores between one and three points, reflecting the difficulty, and the candidate must reach a score of 65% to pass the exam.
- a duration of 180 minutes (or 225 minutes for candidates taking exams that are not in their native or local language)