The TMMi Foundation has created the Test Maturity Model integration (TMMi), a detailed model for test process improvement which has meanwhile become the world standard for test process improvement. Testing as defined in the TMMi is applied in its broadest sense to encompass all software product quality related activities. TMMi is intended to be life cycle independent. A specific guideline is available describing how to interpret and use TMMi in an Agile context.
TMMi Local Chapter
The CTQB is the official TMMi local chapter for the Caribbean and Surinam. As such, we will
- Market TMMi locally
- Ensure that TMMi model is available locally
- Ensure that TMMi assessment training and TMMi assessment services are available locally.
- Represent Curaçao and the region, and work closely with the TMMi Foundation centrally.
TMMi assessments and certification
TMMi assessments are typically performed to:
- determine how well the organization’s test processes compare to TMMi best practices, and identify areas where improvements can be made
- inform external customers and suppliers about how well the organization's test processes compare to TMMi best practices.
With formal TMMi assesments an organization can become officially TMMi certified for a certain TMMi level when it complies to the defined criteria.
TMMi Career Path
Interested person can become certified for TMMi. A full TMMi career path has been defined that distinguished two main streams:
- Consultancy those who provide guidance on TMMi based test process improvement and lead test improvement projects.
- Assessments those who perform informal and formal TMMi assessments.
Test professionals can progress in their career and ultimately become a Certified TMMi test process improver and/or accredited TMMi Lead Assessor.
The picture below provides an overview of the career path.